Defending Against Medicare And Medicaid Fraud Charges In Chicago
As with any type of industry, billing mistakes happen. The health care industry is no exception to this. However, some situations are viewed by the federal government as Medicaid or Medicare fraud. If the wrong code is billed for, this can be viewed as fraudulent medical billing. If you are under investigation for health care fraud or have already been charged, you need to obtain skilled and competent criminal defense representation as soon as possible.
Aggressive Health Care Fraud Defense
At Cheronis, Parente & Levitt LLC, we devote a significant share of our practice to white collar crimes including Medicare and Medicaid fraud defense. We offer experienced representation in state and federal courts. Contact us to discuss any health care fraud charges and how we can help effectively defend you. We assist both individual health care workers as well as insurance providers.
The majority of Medicaid and Medicare fraud charges stem from fraudulent billing allegations. They can include:
- False billing
- Upcoding (billing a code with a more expensive service)
- Billing for services not rendered
- Billing for unnecessary tests and procedures
- Billing for unnecessary medical equipment
- Double-billing (i.e., billing for Medicaid/Medicare and also private insurance)
- Billing for more time than provided
- Providing services by an unlicensed professional but billing as if a licensed professional rendered services
- Kickbacks and referrals
- Falsifying medical records/documents
The prosecution has the burden of proving that any billing mistakes were intentional. Our attorneys are dedicated and devoted to the future of our clients and will do everything they can to provide the best defense possible for your case.